Please contact Laura Barreca
if you’re interested
Top reasons to join the program
- Share your knowledge with eager new entrepreneurs who are just starting out!
- Make a difference in a new founder’s entrepreneurial journey!
- Give back to the community!
- Build your professional network by meeting other mentors and founders!
Mentors in our program are usually experienced, entrepreneurs. We also recruit industry experts from a variety of fields, as mentees often need expert support for tasks like prototyping, business communication, networking, or marketing. You should consider becoming a mentor if any of the following apply to you:
- You started your own business
- You joined a startup team in a company’s early stages and helped to build the business
- You aren’t an entrepreneur, but you’re an expert in a particular field of business (for example, marketing, finance, logistics, or another area)
- You are an instructor at BCIT or other schools and teach in an area that could support a startup (trades, engineering, business, etc.)
- You want to share your knowledge and support new and aspiring entrepreneurs
Mentors must be willing to...
- Meet with their mentee at least once a month for the six months of the program. Mentee-mentor pairs normally allocate approximately two hours/month for meetings and set their own meeting schedules, so you can customize meeting times to work for you.
- Complete a concise online mentor orientation on your own time before the start of mentoring to familiarize yourself with the program structure.
Mentor application process
We are always looking for experienced founders and industry experts to join our roster of amazing mentors!
To express your interest in becoming a mentor, please complete our online application.
Feel free to contact Laura Barreca if you have any questions about becoming a mentor in our program: Lbarreca@bcitsa.ca
Sept 2021 – Feb 2022
Feb 2022 – Jul 2022