Do you want to make a difference on campus? Interested in becoming a leader or getting involved? Missed out on last year’s election? Take action now and run for a leadership position with the BCITSA!
Nomination forms are now available and the nomination period runs until 2:00 pm on March 26th.
The newly elected student executives will serve a term from June 1st, 2018 – May 31st, 2019. During this term, they will receive student executive perks including an office, discounts at all BCITSA retail stores and pub, free part-time courses, invitations to special events, a discount on parking, and a monthly honorarium.
Positions available to run for include:
Monday, March 19, 2018 – 9:00 am
• Notice of By-Elections and Nominations on bcitsa.ca
• Notice of By-Elections and Nominations BCITSA E-blast
• Nomination forms available online or at BCITSA SE2 2nd and 3rd Floor
• Notice of Elections & Nominations BCIT e-mail
Monday, March 19, 2018 – 8:00 am
• Nominations open
Monday, March 26, 2018 – 2:00 pm
• Nominations close
• Deadline for Nomination Form
– please submit to CRO via email (email@example.com) or drop off at BCITSA SE2 3rd Floor. Late submissions will not be accepted.
• Submit printed campaign materials for approval
Thursday, April 5th, 2018 – 2:00 – 5:00 pm AND Wednesday April 11th, 2018 2:00 – 5:00 pm
• Video interview sessions – ALL CANDIDATES MUST BOOK ONE (SE2 Room 317)
Wednesday, April 11th, 2018 – 5:00 pm
• Candidate headshots taken (SE2 3rd Floor Reception)
• All Candidates Meeting (SE2 Town Square B)
Wednesday, April 11th, 2018 – 5:30 pm to Friday, April 27th, 2018 – 2:00 pm
• Campaign Period
Monday, April 23rd, 2018 – 9:00 am to Friday, April 27th, 2018 – 2:00 pm
• Voting period – online voting available via my.bcit.ca
Friday, April 27th, 2018 – 5:00 pm
• Submit campaign budget and checklist to CRO
Friday, April 27th, 2018 – 5:30 pm
• Official declaration of BCITSA annual election results, SE2 Council Chambers
Monday, April 30th, 2018 – 5:30 pm
• Deadline to remove all campaign materials
Nomination packages are available as of March 19th, 2018 from the BCITSA administration offices on the 3rd floor of SE2, or on www.bcitsa.ca/elections. Complete a nominations package and return it to the BCITSA administration offices on the 3rd floor of SE2 by Match 26th @ 2:00 pm. You may also return your completed package to firstname.lastname@example.org. LATE OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Confirmation of your candidacy will take place April 11th at the All Candidates Meeting and campaigning begins after this meeting. Voting for elections will take place April 23rd – April 27th on your my.bcit account.
You are required to attend a weekly meeting on Mondays as well as hold office hours and participate on various committees. The requirement is at least 10 hours per week.
During this term, they will receive student executive perks including an office, discounts at all BCITSA retail stores and pub, free part-time courses, invitations to special events, and a monthly honorarium.
It is a priceless experience to make a difference here at BCIT!
You will receive a monthly honorarium.
It may impact some students but it is up to the individual’s ability to manage their time and cope with their commitment required.
BCITSA Elections 2018 run from Monday April 23rd at 9:00 am until Friday, April 27th at 2:00 pm.
If you are a student currently taking courses in March 1st– May 31st, 2018 then you are eligible to vote. You vote on your my.bcit.ca account by clicking on the “Vote Now” button on the right hand side.
If you have courses that are considered from another school (i.e. you are a trades student taking a marketing class as well) then you will be eligible to vote for those schools as well.