In partnership with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank, the BCIT Student Association (BCITSA) Food Pantry offers BCIT students who need immediate food support with low-barrier access to free, healthy, accessible, and culturally appropriate food and personal hygiene products. Learn more about this service below.
As our capacity increases, we will post updated hours here and on the Food Pantry door.
Thanks to our sponsor
1. Please respect and adhere to the limits posted on the shelves to ensure there is enough food for everyone (the limits apply to the entire shelf).
2. Take only what you need and will consume within the next week.
3. Bring one (1) standard-sized reusable shopping bag and your BCIT Student ID card.
4. If there are several students waiting in line, please limit your time in the pantry to allow others access.
5. Be mindful of the limited resources and please share with others.
BCIT students experiencing unexpected financial hardships may qualify for emergency bursaries or other types of emergency funding. Speak with a Financial Aid Advisor to learn more.
For more food resources, including Food Banks, in your community, visit our Community Food Network.
The BCITSA Food Pantry relies on the generous donations of our stakeholders and community partners to provide students with free, healthy food options. Learn more about our Donation Guidelines or send a monetary donation to support BCIT students.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Food Pantry is located on the unceded and ancestral lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlil̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. We acknowledge it is a privilege to be gathering as uninvited guests, and recognize the importance of conducting ourselves in a way that honours and respects these nations’ connection to their Land and Water.