The Student Council, made up of the Executive Board and Councillors, are made up of the following elected positions. Each of these positions are responsible for overseeing the Student Association and advocating for students. These students contribute their time and effort towards improving campus life for their peers and moving our organization forward.
Click here to learn more about the current BCITSA Executive Board, still have questions, book a meeting and ask them directly.
- Chair, School of Transportation, Construction, and the Environment
- Be a member in good standing with the BCITSA.
- Be a full-time student based on BCIT criteria or a PTS student taking a minimum of three (3) courses.
- Have a minimum of sixty-five percent (65%) previous term standing GPA (however, any candidates with no GPA at all should contact the Elections Administrator)
- For ATC chair only, be a full-time student in Level 1 or 2 of your first term.
- Not have previously been required to resign as an SA Executive, if (1) twelve months have not elapsed and (2) Council has not, by a 2/3 Resolution, permitted them to run.
Candidates may request, under the Bylaws, that the Elections Committee waive the GPA or course load requirements. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
All Student Executives are expected to attend all scheduled Executive and Council Meetings, be informed and inform students of all things BCITSA, remain full-time students for their term in office, and submit bi-weekly progress reports. In addition, Student Executives have the opportunity to lead and help implement projects to enhance student life.
The President chairs the Board & is responsible for the overall management of the BCITSA. The four Vice Presidents perform specific duties and tasks that contribute to overall student development. The seven Chairs perform duties and tasks specific to the School or Campus they represent, and focus on issues specific to their School or Campus.
Serving as a student executive has been one of my most rewarding experiences at BCIT. As a student executive, you’ll have the opportunity to work with SA staff, BCIT’s senior leadership team, and local elected officials to make BCIT the educational experience of a lifetime for nearly 48,000 students. Rarely do post-secondary students have an opportunity to influence positive change on such a large scale.