Office Hours Appointments
Career Specialists offer professional one-to-one support for BCIT students and alumni through office hours appointments. Book an appointment through Career Track to meet with the Specialist for your school area or topic of interest. Don’t wait for graduation – becoming a competitive candidate in your industry is a process that takes planning and practice.
- Develop a Career Action Plan with your Career Specialist and receive customized guidance on achieving your goals
- Transition from school to the workplace successfully
- Perfect your cover letter and resume and tailor it for specific job postings
- Learn how to engage in different job search strategies
- Prepare and practice for phone, video, and in-person interviews
- Find out about resources and programs on campus and off that will contribute to your employability
- Identify feasible career targets or narrow down your career options
- Learn how to get value from events like career fairs and networking events
- Adapt to the Canadian labour market
Log on to Career Track to book an appointment. In the right column of the home page, just click on “Book an Office Hours Appointment” under the list of shortcuts.
You can choose to have your appointment in person (Burnaby and Downtown campuses), by phone, or through email. Be sure to include this in the notes section of your appointments. For your first appointment, we highly recommend an in-person meeting to ensure an effective assessment of your career needs.